The intended “searchQuick” (sQuick) is an application to enable a user to search a set of books or texts, like an encyclopedia, or some other topical book collection offline built in the open source platform Pharo 4.0.
After building various mock-ups for a user friendly graphical interface for the application, the rudimentary features which would be present in the first release were finalized.
The chief features would include :
- Search for word(s)
- Browse files in the current image
- Help or Tutorial
- About section
- Feedback or Suggestion Aid
- Explore the code ( Cardinally Open Source 😉 )
LATEST MOCK UP OF GUI FOR sQuick
At this moment, the most viable options available (apart from the use of GTSpotter, Rubric or Bloc suggested by developers on the forum and #pharo IRC) include:
- The use of Spec to build the UI which provides a comparatively easier option to implement Button Click Actions, User Input Search String Retrieval etc. But the graphical interface designed by placing the widgets is not a very fancy one and dependent on the current theme of the image.
- The Morphic GUI gives the application a very pretty look in comparison, however the user input search string retrieval method is not a straight-forward one and is under construction.
After considering various pros and cons, the suitable alternative is considered to be the one made with Morph as it gives a refreshing look to the application.
- Completion of GUI development
- Commencement of Index build
Stay tuned for more…
Post any queries , will be happy to help 🙂